V6.0 for Formatter is now available! Web Interface V6.0 is compatible with AH Formatter V6.3 and later.
Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter is a software package that allows users to remotely access AH Formatter with programming interfaces (command line, .Net, Java & more) when it is running on an Internet server. Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter now supports Linux. The benefits of Web Interface for Formatter include:
- Simplified client access to AH Formatter Server License via the internet.
- Greatly reduced development time.
- Simplified support.
- Easily lets one AH Formatter Server license be used for multiple applications.
Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter lets a client computer send an XML file and a stylesheet to an AH Formatter Server License and receive back a PDF document. It eliminates the need to undertake an expensive and complicated development effort. Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter equips Folder Monitoring Service that will allow you to obtain the conversion result only by throwing a target file into the specified folder and will notify you when the conversion finishes.
AH Formatter V6.3 or later is required. System requirements depend on AH Formatter.
No need to develop an application for the server
Simply install Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter on the server running AH Formatter, it's that easy.
Easy to use on the client side
By installing the software provided by Antenna House on the client side a lot of the work is already done for you. All you need to do is take the code provided by Antenna House and make it part of your client application. Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter builds the command that sends XML data and an XSL or CSS stylesheet to the server where the Server License of AH Formatter is installed and all processing takes place.
Processing data on the server side
On the server side, the xml data is transformed into XSL-FO using an XSLT processor on the server. Then Web Interface for Formatter starts AH Formatter and finally returns the PDF to the client machine. To create PDF from XML you don't need AH Formatter installed at the client machine.
When the server receives HTML, HTML with CSS stylesheet or XML with CSS stylesheet, it is transformed using AH Formatter and returns the PDF to the client machine. To create PDF from XML/HTML you don't need AH Formatter installed on the client machine.
Folder Monitoring Service
By using Folder Monitoring Service on the client side, AH Formatter can be used more easily. That is, the conversion result can be obtained by dropping a target file into the specified folder.
Referenced Media Files
The client has an -xds-parse-media option that can be used with FO files to automatically upload referenced media files without having to prepare a separate data XML file.
Once the folder monitoring service starts any files in the monitoring folder are processed.
The service then detects the creation of new files and processes those. For each processed file the folder monitoring service will create the necessary commands to connect to the web server of Web Interface V6.0 and store the results returned from the web server into the output folder.
In order to use Folder Monitoring Service, the target files being converted should be ZIP archived and put in the target folder as one file. Folder Monitoring Service finds and processes a file automatically, and puts the conversion result on the output folder.
The following files can be included in the archive for conversion.
- Target documents (xml, xsl, fo, html, css, wml, etc.)
- Command File
- External reference file (images, etc.)
The following enhancements have been made to V6.0 of the Web Interface for Formatter:
- Linux support
- xdscmd changed to work similarly to AH Formatter command line client.
- Option to automatically upload images and media if the input is an FO file.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Edition
- Windows Server 2012 x64 Edition
- Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Edition
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 7 x64 Edition
- Windows 8.1 x64 Edition
- Windows 10 x64 Edition
Linux 64-bit & 32-bit
- Built with GCC4.1.X（Runtime Library libstdc++.so.6 required)
The minimum Java version is 1.7.
|Type of license||Price|
|Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter||$3,000|
- An XSL Formatter V6.3 Server license or later is required in order to use the Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter.
If you use the earlier version of AH Formatter, please upgrade your AH Formatter.
- There is no need to install AH Formatter on client side.
- Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter is only available to licensed users of AH Formatter Server Licenses.
- The Server component of the Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter can run only on a computer that is running a registered AH Formatter Server License and not on other computers directly or indirectly accessible to the computer AH Formatter is installed on.
How To Buy
Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter can be purchased directly from Antenna House or through one of our Resellers. For more information see Purchasing Assistance.
Support for the Web Interface V6.0 for Formatter is provided during the 90 day warranty provided with AH Formatter and then as part of the Annual Maintenance Contract for the AH Formatter License it is being used with.