Antenna House I18N Index Library is a Java library that makes index pages in the various languages used by DocBook, DITA to XSL-FO stylesheet.
I18n Index Library accepts indexterm data from XSLT stylesheet and sorts them according to the document language. The sorted results are converted into appropriate XSL-FO format by stylesheet.
For example the Chinese word “粘贴” belongs to “N” index group because the most common reading of “粘” is “nian2”. However the correct reading is “zhan1” for this word.
You can correct this problem by specifying the correct reading (pinyin) to the sortas attribute value. The fix will place “粘贴” into the “Z” index group.
<indexterm><primary sortas="zhan1 tie1">粘贴</primary></indexterm>
☞ NOTE:PDF5-ML plug-in is independent from this I18n Index Library release. It can be downloaded from GitHub https://github.com/AntennaHouse/pdf5-ml
|Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Estonian, Persian (Farsi), Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Icelandic, Japanese, Kazakh, Khmer, Kannada, Korean, Lao, Lithuanian, Latvian, Malay, Burmese (Myanmar), Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Swahili, Tamil, Teglu, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese|
<p>Portuguese index configuration</p>
NOTE: The corresponding language codes for supported languages are ar, bg, ca, cs, da, de, el, en, es, et, fa, fi, fr, he, hi, hr, hu, id, it, is, ja, kk, km, kn, ko, lo, lt, lv, ms, my, nl, no, pl, pt, ro, ru, si, sk, sl, sv, sw, ta, te, th, tl, tr, uk, vi, zh-CN, zh-TW
– Differences between <xsl:sort> and I18n Index Library
|Java Runtime Environment||Oracle JRE 7 or later|
|XSLT Processor||Saxon 6.5.5, Xalan-J 2.7.1/2.7.2, Saxon-B 9.1, Saxon-PE/EE 9.2 or later|
|XML Parser||Java bundled parser|
|DITA Open Toolkit||1.7.5 or later|
|XSL Formatter||Antenna House Formatter V6|
You can download sample PDF files generated by this library and stylesheet.
|TYPE OF LICENSE||PRICE|
|I18n Index Library V2.3||$5,000|
* This library supports Unicode characters only in the BMP (Basic Multilingual Plane) for the sorting index. The Hanzi or other characters that are outside the BMP are not supported.
* I18n Support Library contains the index definition for some languages other than those indicated in this document. These additional languages are not officially tested or supported by Antenna House.
* This release contains sample batch files which only operate in a Windows environment.
* The DocBook zone and the startref attributes of the indexterm element are not supported.
* I18n Index Library V2.3 is tested via ICU4J 5.6 release (icu4j-56_1.jar). Refer to ICU site for details.
* Hanzi collation is made from Unicode 6.0 Unihan databases. Refer to Unihan Database for details.
* The sorting architecture between PDF5-ML plug-in and PDF2 plug-in bundled with DITA-OT is significantly different. The operation integrating I18n Index Library into PDF2 plug-in is not tested nor officially supported.
I18n Index Library V2.3 can be purchased directly from Antenna House or through one of our Resellers. For more information see Prices.
* Technical information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Sales inquiries please email: email@example.com