- Format HTML and XML for print and PDF using the power of Antenna House Formatter
- Style your content with XSL-FO or CSS
- Hyphenation Support for over 50 Languages
- Formatter Includes standards compliant MathML and SVG rendering engines with an option for a CGM engine
Formatter Now Supports Indic languages and Embedding Multimedia
Antenna House Formatter is a mature software that continues to evolve and is in production with several large corporations. Formatter is a leader in its class due to its performance in high volume environments, compatibility with Windows, Solaris, Linux and breadth of customizations.
Formatter is the missing piece that web developers have been searching for to go from web/HTML to print and PDF with properly formatted pages and documents.
Building on the strengths of the CSS3 specification and Antenna House XSL Formatter, Antenna House Formatter has added the capability that now enables web designers to use CSS to add print and PDF output to their systems by using all the features and functionality that Antenna House has developed during the past 8 years as the supplier of the most powerful XSL-FO formatting software available.
In addition to the powerful formatting functions by using XSL-FO, Antenna House Formatter has added the ability for formatting HTML and XML with CSS. Antenna House is used in production in various industries with a wide range of requirements. Here are some examples of what you can do with Formatter: auto manual, annual report, forms & instructions .
- Enhancements and New Features
- Formatting Using CSS or XSL-FO
- Feature Highlight
- System Requirements
AH Formatter formats XSL Formatting Objects (XSL-FO), XML with XSL stylesheet, or HTML with CSS. The formatted result will be displayed in GUI and outputted or printed to PDF. (Display and printing are available only with the Windows version). The work flow is as shown below.
Formatter Work Flow Diagram:
- When an (X)HTML document is inputted, AH Formatter formats it immediately using a default HTML stylesheet.
- When an XML document or an (X)HTML document with a CSS are inputted, AH Formatter formats it immediately.
- When an XSL Formatting Object is inputted, AH Formatter formats it immediately.
- When an XML document and an XSL stylesheet are inputted, AH Formatter transforms them to XSL Formatting Object using XSLT Processor and formats the XSL Formatting Object or XHTML.
New Enhancements of AH Formatter V6.2 from AH Formatter V6.1 are as follows:
- The MathML rendering engine is completely rewritten.
- It’s now available to search fonts in the subfolder under the font folder in the font configuration file settings.recursive
- Values that can be specified to font-variant are added.
- Support for the box-shadow property. axf:box-shadow
- Support for the text-shadow property. text-shadow
- Support for the baseline-grid property. axf:baseline-grid
- It’s now possible to place a footnote that extends over multiple pages. axf:footnote-max-height
- It’s now possible to add line numbers to each column of a table independently. axf:line-number-*
- It’s now possible to specify the contents of a cell when a cell is split by a page break. axf:table-cell-repeated-marker
- CSS support for the tab-size property.
- The rgba() function is now available to use.
- It’s now possible to specify the spine width of the facing page to the printer mark. axf:printer-marks-spine-width
- It’s now possible to specify the unit of the page size displayed on GUI.
- It’s now possible to change the language displayed on GUI.
- The type of @media evaluated by CSS can now be specified. css-media-type
- It’s now possible to specify the PDF layer. axf:layer-settings
- Annotations, such as linking in the PDF can be maintained when the PDF is embedded in PDF. import-annotation-types
- The following properties for multimedia embedded in PDF are added:
- The following default values of the formatter settings are revised:
- The following default values of the PDF output settings are revised:
Antenna House Formatter V6.2 now supports page layouts specified using either CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) or XSL-FO (Extensible Stylesheet Language – Formatting Objects) for formatting documents for PDF and print.
Now users can select the stylesheet language and content strategy that best suits their business needs.
XSL-FO has long been recognized as the standard for formatting XML for print and PDF and CSS as the standard for displaying HTML on the web. The missing piece for web developers has always been how to go from web/HTML to print and PDF with properly formatted pages and documents. V6.2 is the answer.
Building on the strengths of the CSS3 specification and Antenna House XSL Formatter, Antenna House Formatter V6.2 has added the capability that now enables web designers to use CSS to add print and PDF output to their systems by using all the features and functionality that Antenna House has developed during the past 8 years as the supplier of the most powerful XSL-FO formatting software availalbe.
- XSL-FO:Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) Version 1.1 recommended from the W3C. See also “XSL-FO 1.1 Conformance“.
- CSS:Cascading Style Sheets Level 2 Revision 1, CSS3 Working Draft
In addition to the powerful formatting functions by using XSL-FO available with the V4.3, Antenna House V6.2 has added the ability for formatting HTML and XML with CSS.
Antenna House Formatter V6.2 offers all the features (GUI, support for over 50 languages, PDF generation), W3C compliance, extensions, the significantly enhanced performance, unlimited document size and SVG support, vector support for EMF and WMF, new output capabilities through the new Barcode Generator Option, MIF Creator Option, INX Creator Option and CGM Option, MathML native drawing,support for SVG output by SVG Output Option, PANTONE® color support by PANTONE® Option and Web Interface for Formatter to support the use of AH Formatter via the Internet, the two-pass formatting that makes it possible to format huge documents, high quality EPS embedding in PDF, the enhanced PDF features, AcroForms, PDF/A, PDF1.7, PostScript output, and numerous other enhancements by AXF extension. New to AH Formatter is the XPS Output Option that enables the outout of XPS (XML Paper SpecificationI) files.
The six products are prepared according to the formatting capability of AH Formatter V6.2. Please see also AH Formatter Family.
Compliant with XSL 1.1
Corresponds to XSL 1.1 which is a XSL-FO specification. Antenna House Formatter faithfully implements quite almost elements of the XSL specification and properties.
Formatter is the fastest formatting software available.In batch mode Formatter can start to produce PDF output immediately from the inputted file.
Format virtually any size document
Antenna House Formatter can format a document of virtually any size whether it is a publication, tens of thousands of invoices, reports or personalized one to one documents.
Supports PDF/X and PDF/A
Antenna House Formatter supports PDF/X. PDF/X is a specification that places much value on exchanging date and defined by ISO for printing purpose. PDF/A is a format for long-term preservation of an electronic document and it is also defined by ISO.
Antenna House Formatter can generate the Tagged PDF for enhancing the accessibility to persons with sight problems. This is a function indispensable to comply with Section 508, the law of the United States
enforced on June 21, 2001.
Antenna House provides Command line interface, .NET interface, COM interface, Java interface and C++/C interface. The various interfaces make for easy system integration of Formatter with web applications, content management systems, and other software products.
The .NET interface and the COM interface are available for Windows only.
PostScript® output and SVG output
AH Formatter PostScript Output Option makes PostScript® output available. With the new SVG Output module it is now possible to create SVG 1.1, SVG Basic, and SVG Tiny files using AH Formatter V5. This function requires Antenna House Formatter SVG Output Option.
Direct Printer output
In Windows version, it’s possible to output the formatted result directly to the printer without passing through PDF. It’s also possible to get the formatted result and print it immediately by using GUI.
Supports the embedding of PDF into PDF
An arbitrary page of other PDF can be embedded into PDF.
Compliant with CSS
Supports CSS2.1 and CSS3. Page models of CSS3 is also supported, now that high-quality page formatting will be available.
AH Formatter has passed the Acid2 test published by “The Web Standards Project (WaSP)” that measures the conforming level to CSS.
PANTONE® Color Support
AH Formatter provides the ability for more than 1000 PANTONE® Colors to be converted into RGB or CMYK values automatically by using AH Formatter PANTONE® Option. Possible to specify the PANTONE® colors for separation color (spot color) simply by putting only the name of the PANTONE® colors in FO.
Web Interface for Formatter
Web Interface V3.0 for Formatter works with both CSS and XSL Formatter. The Web Interface reduces the amount of development effort necessary to integrate Formatter into a internet based solution.
Table Auto Layout
AH Formatter supports table-layout=”auto.” in the XSL-FO specification, which is not supported by many of the formatting software. This function arranges the table layout suitably without specifying the width of a cell. It’s suitable for almost all tables which do not require the strict value of the width, and is very convenient. When the formatting speed poses a problem, please specify table-layout=”fixed” instead and specify fixed width in all cells.
High quality PDF for SVG, MathML, EMF and WMF
Vector information for SVG, MathML, EMF and WMF is retained in PDF, thus enhancing the quality of output images and meeting the increasing demand for delivery of vectors in the output.
Formatter is able to draw high-resolution MathML in PDF. The lite version of Formatter also is able to use the MATHML plugin.
Possible to get the .NET native parser output
With the .NET Interface when XSL-FO is generated from XML and XSL using an XSLT processor that transformation can now be passed directly and seamlessly to Formatter without passing it through a temporary file first.
The .NET and the COM interfaces can now also get the DOM directly without passing through a temporary file. This has the effect of slightly improving performance.
V5 supports almost any language which is supported by Unicode including Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Japanese (Hiragana and Katakana), Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Hangul, Arabic, Hebrew and Thai. It offers the abilities to write in vertical mode, to run the text from right to left as in Arabic and Hebrew and also to create multilingual documents with language mixtures on the same page and even on the same line.
Possible to hyphenate over 40 or more languages
The former “Hyphenation Option” is now a standard part of Formatter. The Hyphenation function integrates the very powerful hyphenation algorithms from Computer Hyphenation Ltd., which enhances the quality of hyphenation and greatly simplifies setting up Formatter to hyphenate over 40 different languages.
For additional information please visit Computer Hyphenation’s website.
Windows 8.1 (V6.2MR6)
|Windows x64 version||
Windows Vista x64 Edition
Windows Server2008 x64 Edition
Windows Servers2008 R2 x64 Edition
Windows Server 2012 (V6.2)
Windows Server 2012 R2(V6.2MR5)
Windows 7 x64 Edition
Windows 8 x64 Edition
Windows 8.1 x64 Edition (V6.2MR6)
|Solaris version||Oracle Solaris 10, 11 (SPARC version)
Oracle Solaris 10 (x86 version)
|Linux 32 & 64bit version||Built by GCC4.1.X. (required libstdc++.so.6 runtime libraries)|
|Macintosh version||Mac OS X Version 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 (Intel version)|
- All but “x64 edition” and the “64-bit version” are compiled with 32 bit.
- Windows version (32-bit version) can be installed on Windows x64 Edition. When you use each interface, please note the following points.
- .NET Interface : Specify /platform:x86.
- COM Interface : Use WSHï¼ˆC:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exeï¼‰32-bit version.
- Java Interface : Use JDK 32-bit version.
- C/C++ Interface : Compile to be run on Win32 platform.
- Hereinafter unless otherwise explicitly mentioned, the phrase “Windows version” includes both Windows x32 version and Windows x64 version.
- Hereinafter unless otherwise explicitly mentioned, the phrase “Linux version” includes both Linux version and Linux 64bit version.
- Please see “Font Setting” for supported fonts.
In addition, fonts are not included in the Windows version.
- Standard 14 Fonts in non-Windows version have the metrics information file only. They do not contain the file of the outline information. If you want to embed these fonts to PDF or PS file, please prepare whole fonts by yourself.
- Please confirm the necessary environment variables at “Environment Variable” in this manual.
- Please confirm the installed modules at “Installed Modules” in this manual.
- The printing function on the Windows version depends on Windows-based printer drivers.
- In Windows version, the run time library of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 is required. This run time library is installed when you have the product installed on your system. It is also possible to download it from the following site When you need the package of the library separately.
- When using .NET Framework 3.5ï¼ˆXfoDotNet35Ctl60.dll, Visual Studio C++ 2008 redistribution package needs to be installed. Please download it from the following site:
- When using .NET Framework 2.0ï¼ˆXfoDotNet20Ctl60.dll, Visual Studio C++ 2005 redistribution package needs to be installed. Please download it from the following site: