- Format HTML and XML for print and PDF using the power of Antenna House Formatter
- Style your content with XSL-FO or CSS
- Language Support for over 70 Languages & hyphenation support for more than 40
- Formatter Includes standards compliant MathML and SVG rendering engines with an option for a CGM engine
Formatter V6.5 has 23 new features including output to PDF/A-2, PDF/A-3. & Microsoft Word (Alpha Release)
Antenna House Formatter is a mature software that continues to evolve and is in production all over the world. Formatter is a leader in its class due to its performance in high volume environments, compatibility with Windows, Solaris, Linux and breadth of customizations.
Formatter is the missing piece that developers have been searching for to go from web/HTML to PDF with properly formatted pages. Formatter is also well known for use in formatting DITA & S1000D for print.
Antenna House Formatter supports XSL-FO and CSS. The CSS support enables customers to leverage existing in house talent and save money. All while still having access to all the features and functionality that Antenna House has developed during the past 16+ years as the supplier of the most powerful XSL-FO formatting software available.
Antenna House is used in production in various industries with a wide range of requirements. Here are some examples of what you can do with Formatter: auto manual, annual report, forms & instructions .
Formatter Features and Options
- Output Options
- PDF 1.3-1.7
- Microsoft Word
- Supported Options
- Multiple Languages
- Multilingual Hyphenation
- CGM Support
- Barcode Support*
- PANTONE Colors*
- Tagged PDF
- Graphics Support
- Embedding PDF into PDF
- Layered PDF
Formatter Work Flow Diagram:
- When an (X)HTML document is inputted, AH Formatter formats it immediately using a default HTML stylesheet.
- When an XML document or an (X)HTML document with a CSS are inputted, AH Formatter formats it immediately.
- When an XSL Formatting Object is inputted, AH Formatter formats it immediately.
- When an XML document and an XSL stylesheet are inputted, AH Formatter transforms them to XSL Formatting Object using XSLT Processor and formats the XSL Formatting Object or XHTML.
PDF output is a standard function of AH Formatter. The PDF versions that can be output are as follows:
- PDF1.3 – 1.7
- PDF/X no-LT (AH Formatter V6.5)
- PDF/A no-LT (AH Formatter V6.5)
- PDF/UA no-LT (AH Formatter V6.5)
- Tagged PDF
New Enhancements of AH Formatter V6.5 from AH Formatter V6.4 are as follows:
- Microsoft Word Output
- PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3 are now available to output. no-LT
- Multimedia can now be embedded as Rich media. no-LT
- Custom properties can now be specified to PDF. no-LT
- It's now available to specify the font size of the character string displayed in the Form Fields
- It's now available to specify the alignment of the Text field. no-LT
- The stroke of the character can now be specified. no-LT
- The feature of GSUB/GPOS in the OpenType font can now be controlled. no-LT
- It's now possible to specify whether to embed
- Line numbers that are always output can now be specified. no-LT
- The upper limit height of the “keep-together” condition can now be specified. no-LT
- It's now available to specify the display method at the end of the contents when overflowing in the inline progression direction. no-LT
- The odd-or-even property has been extended
- The processing of converting transparency output to PDF into opaque has been extended.
- The stroke of the character can now be specified
- The feature of GSUB/GPOS in the OpenType font can now be controlled
- Support for fonts in OpenType Collection format
- Exception dictionaries are now available in Khmer, Lao and Burmese (Myanmar.)
- Symbols() can now be specified to list-style-type in CSS counter()
- You can now specify your own counter style for list-style-type in CSS counter()
- In CSS, it's now available to select the height of the block in the previous page (column) when breaking a block with auto height.
- XCF can now be directly specified as a child element of fo:external-graphic
- The CSS specified in the document in which inline SVG is described is now applicable to inline SVG.
- CSF @namespace can now be described in style of SVG
- It is now available to specify whether the external reference is permitted or not in !ENTITY of XML to be formatted.
Antenna House Formatter V6.5 supports page layouts specified using either CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) or XSL-FO (Extensible Stylesheet Language – Formatting Objects) for formatting documents for PDF and print.
Now users can select the stylesheet language and content strategy that best suits their business needs.
XSL-FO has long been recognized as the standard for formatting XML for print and CSS as the standard for displaying HTML on the web. The missing piece for web developers has always been how to go from web/HTML to print and PDF with properly formatted pages and documents. Antenna House Formatter CSS is the answer.
Building on the strengths of Antenna House XSL Formatter, Antenna House Formatter CSS is enriched with features and functionality that Antenna House has developed during the past 17+ years as the supplier of the most powerful XSL-FO formatting software available.
Compliant with XSL 1.1
Corresponds to XSL 1.1 which is a XSL-FO specification. Antenna House Formatter faithfully implements quite almost elements of the XSL specification and properties.
Formatter is the fastest formatting software available.In batch mode Formatter can start to produce PDF output immediately from the inputted file.
Format virtually any size document
Antenna House Formatter can format a document of virtually any size whether it is a publication, tens of thousands of invoices, reports or personalized one to one documents.
Supports PDF/X, PDF/A and PDF/UA
Antenna House Formatter supports PDF/X. PDF/X is a specification that places much value on exchanging date and defined by ISO for printing purpose. PDF/A is a format for long-term preservation of an electronic document and it is also defined by ISO. PDF/UA is a specification that improves the accessibility of PDF.
Antenna House Formatter can generate the Tagged PDF for enhancing the accessibility to persons with sight problems. This is a function indispensable to comply with Section 508, the law of the United States enforced on June 21, 2001.
Antenna House provides Command line interface, .NET interface, COM interface, Java interface and C++/C interface. The various interfaces make for easy system integration of Formatter with web applications, content management systems, and other software products.
The .NET interface and the COM interface are available for Windows only.
PostScript® output and SVG output
AH Formatter PostScript Output Option makes PostScript® output available. With the new SVG Output module it is now possible to create SVG 1.1, SVG Basic, and SVG Tiny files using AH Formatter V5. This function requires Antenna House Formatter SVG Output Option.
Direct Printer output
In Windows version, it's possible to output the formatted result directly to the printer without passing through PDF. It's also possible to get the formatted result and print it immediately by using GUI.
Supports the embedding of PDF into PDF
An arbitrary page of other PDF can be embedded into PDF. It is possible to convert EPS into PDF and embed into PDF using this function. In the environment where Adobe Distiller and Ghostscript are installed, it can be performed automatically.
Compliant with CSS
Supports CSS2.1 and CSS3. Page models of CSS3 is also supported, now that high-quality page formatting will be available.
AH Formatter has passed the Acid2 test published by “The Web Standards Project (WaSP)” that measures the conforming level to CSS.
PANTONE® Color Support
AH Formatter provides the ability for more than 1000 PANTONE® Colors to be converted into RGB or CMYK values automatically by using AH Formatter PANTONE® Option. Possible to specify the PANTONE® colors for separation color (spot color) simply by putting only the name of the PANTONE® colors in FO.
Outputs to the various file format
PDF output can be done for an unlimited number of users on a server by utilizing the Antenna House developed PDF direct creation engine. A Acrobat license is not requird. AH Formatter PostScript Output Option, INX Output Option, MIF Output Option, XPS Output Option and SVG Output Option make PostScript® output, INX output, MIF output, XPS output and SVG output available.
Table Auto Layout
AH Formatter supports table-layout=”auto.” in the XSL-FO specification, which is not supported by many of the formatting software. This function arranges the table layout suitably without specifying the width of a cell. It's suitable for almost all tables which do not require the strict value of the width, and is very convenient. When the formatting speed poses a problem, please specify table-layout=”fixed” instead and specify fixed width in all cells.
Native rendering of vector Graphics
With AH Formatter V6.5 SVG, MathML, EMF, WMF and CGM image is rendered into PDF as vector thus retaining the quality of output images. AH Formatter CGM Option is required for rendering CGM as vector graphic
Formatter is able to draw high-resolution MathML in PDF. The lite version of Formatter also is able to use the MATHML plugin.
Flexible float features
By implementing the advanced float features, it's now available to arrange the float content in an arbitrary place of the page, or in multi-column layout with column spanning of the float.
AH Formatter V6.5 supports over 70 different languages, almost any language which is supported by Unicode including and also supports surrogate pairs. It offers the abilities to write in vertical mode, to run the text from right to left as in Arabic and Hebrew and also to create multilingual documents with language mixtures on the same page and even on the same line. It also offers the hyphenation processing, and the adjustment of white space before and behind the punctuation which differs according to the language and defining a custom counter style, etc. Moreover, AH Formatter V6.5 makes it possible to hyphenate more than 40 languages.
|Windows version||Windows Server 2008
|Windows x64 version||Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition
Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Edition
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2016
Windows 7 x64 Edition
Windows 8.1 x64 Edition
Windows 10 x64 Edition
|Solaris version||Oracle Solaris 10, 11 (SPARC version)
Oracle Solaris 10 (x86 version)
|Linux 32 & 64bit version||Built by GCC4.1.X. (required libstdc++.so.6 runtime libraries)|
|Macintosh 64bit version||MAC OS X 10.10, 10.11 (Intel version)|
- All but “x64 edition” and the “64-bit version” are compiled with 32 bit.
- Windows version (32-bit version) can be installed on Windows x64 Edition. When you use each interface, please note the following points.
- .NET Interface : Specify /platform:x86.
- COM Interface : Use WSH (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe) 32-bit version.
- Java Interface : Use JDK 32-bit version.
- C/C++ Interface : Compile to be run on Win32 platform.
- Hereinafter unless otherwise explicitly mentioned, the phrase “Windows version” includes both Windows x32 version and Windows x64 version.
- Hereinafter unless otherwise explicitly mentioned, the phrase “Linux version” includes both Linux version and Linux 64bit version.
- Please see “Font Setting” for supported fonts.
In addition, fonts are not included in the Windows version.
- Standard 14 Fonts in non-Windows version have the metrics information file only. They do not contain the file of the outline information. If you want to embed these fonts to PDF or PS file, please prepare whole fonts by yourself.
- Please confirm the necessary environment variables at “Environment Variable” in this manual.
- Please confirm the installed modules at “Installed Modules” in this manual.
- The printing function on the Windows version depends on Windows-based printer drivers.
- In Windows version, the run time library of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 is required. This run time library is installed when you have the product installed on your system. It is also possible to download it from the following site When you need the package of the library separately.
- When using .NET Framework 3.5ï¼ˆXfoDotNet35Ctl60.dll, Visual Studio C++ 2008 redistribution package needs to be installed. Please download it from the following site:
- When using .NET Framework 2.0ï¼ˆXfoDotNet20Ctl60.dll, Visual Studio C++ 2005 redistribution package needs to be installed. Please download it from the following site:
*no-LT – Not available on lite version